Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Let there be 'Life'.....

Ever wondered why we are born? To be a little more specific, why are we born as Humans and not as any other living being? Well, I am pretty sure we all must have thought about it as kids; and some spend a lifetime in the quest to get an answer to this. From whatever little spiritual understanding I have imbibed and gathered I do believe that the Human body is extremely special and being born as one is a blessing in itself; which is speculated as the only medium to re-connect with the ultimate and Supreme Being - GOD as some of us believe or not believe in.
 If you are reckoning this post is about religion, well I would say ' little bit’, but we shall talk about it at a minuscule level. So the religion in discussion is called ‘Life’, which, as that of a Human is way too superior than we can comprehend.
This piece here is a consequence of some incidences that occurred and made me deliberate a bit. A couple of days ago we heard about the demise of former cricketer Azharuddin’s younger son Ayazuddin. This young lad who was just about 19, already treading towards a promising career in Cricket, succumbed to his ineluctable fate. The whole incidence really left me distraught. It made me imagine about His future, had he lived; imagine he could have entered the Indian cricket team soon, scored a few centuries, won some championships, a few national - international accolades, found true love, gotten married, had several kids, celebrated many more Eids with family and friends, and so much more. But now, it will be nothing more than a quiescent future.
 What grieves me is the fact that I see people refute the significance of Life today.  The incessantly growing murders and suicide cases astonish me. I know there could be real reasons for them to resort to such severe measures, but I still ask ‘Why’? There seems to be no sense of responsibility amongst people, that includes responsibility towards relationships, own self and life as a whole. Ending relations is not so much of a big deal today, moving on is the easier way out. Despite all of that, we still come across every second person in depression or some emotional crisis, indulging into self destructive vices such as alcoholism, drugs etc.
While I attribute some of it to a the changing times, a larger chunk of it is caused by the parents. While they want to shower upon their offspring all that they never got themselves or longed to own in life, seldom do they realize that by doing so all they are doing is harming them. Kids today are so engrossed in themselves, with everything available at their finger tips, they cease to know what patience is, develope lower tolerance, and have no idea what struggle and harship means. And when they really have to face the harshness of life ever, they get restless and succumb to the pressures and seek inappropriate aids to get over them.

Although I am condemning the current generation's approach towards life, I am sure my older generation would have something similar to say about me. That's a different arguement though. The point I am trying to draw here is that I want to urge each one of you to respect and acknowledge this Religion called 'Life'. Let us make an attempt to inculcate some of the rich values that our ancestors were proud of, lets appreciate this Human body; cease every moment and cherish it to bits.
Let us pledge that we'd spend more time and be responsible towards family, make friends, respect people more than money, but value money that is hard earned. Last, but not the least, let there be a Ayazuddin who would live a wonderful life and make beautiful memories for the world to remember.
How hard is it? to be a believer and to keep the faith?
Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment